Friday, September 10, 2010

Your own argument and opinions. Did you agree or disagree with the rulings. Provide some authority for your argument such as quotes from the book.

I thought that most of the information I received from my lawyer was very accurate. There were some answers that I didn’t like to hear but it is the law so I can’t do much about it. Like my question about skills that I developed in the company to earn money through freelance work, when you learn a skill, it’s like learning a language. It’s hard to forget it and difficult to ignore it if it make you money. If I had the option not to sign a non-disclosure agreement, I’d definitely not. “A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to by third parties.” Wikipedia. I do agree with my lawyer when we discussed about if someone stole my architectural design and used it for his own purposes without crediting me. He said that I can sue him and I just have to have my proof ready. “The government will prosecute anyone who knowingly and willingfuly aids in a criminal infringement.” NOLO Patent, Copyright & Trademark: Page 230. With that if something like this were to happen to me I will know that the “Copyright Act of 1976 protects me. This federal statue governs copyright protection for original works of authorship created after January 1, 1978.” NOLO Patent, Copyright & Trademark: Page 222. I will always be protective of my work to prevent it from going to public domain. “When an idea, design, or expression does not belong to anyone under the patent laws, it is said to exist in public domain.” NOLO Patent, Copyright & Trademark: Page 118.

No comments:

Post a Comment